When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fernanda Viégas and Martin Wattenberg

"Wind Map" on Oct. 30, 2012 - Sandy
Wind Map is one of my favorite things to look at lately. A friend referred to it as pixie stix for the eyes. With the storm back east it has been pretty dramatic too. This is just a screen shot. You have to load the real thing and watch it move. I should have posted this yesterday. Oh well. Better late than never. "Wind Map" is the product of Fernanda Viégas and Martin Wattenberg at hint.fm where they explore the crossroads of informational data and artistic expression. In most cases there is some aspect of interactivity so you can't always tell too much from these static images. So I urge you to go to their website and spend a little time exploring their work. And bookmark that windmap. You'll want to return again and again. I promise you.

"The Art of Reproduction" 2011 - reclining nude - Modigliani
The art of reproduction explores the wild divergences in color reproductions of art. You never really know how different the image you're looking at is from the original.

"Web Seer"  2009
Web Seer explores human curiosity by using "google suggest" to see what others are thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment