When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Abstraction

My last post made me realize how little abstract work I've posted. I suppose it's no surprise. My own work is representational and very narrative. But still, the line between abstraction and representation is a vast gray area, and in the end all of it is just marks on a flat surface. Looking through my posts I put together this small collection from most of the abstract artists that I have included. Click on their name to see my earlier post and from there you'll find links to the artist's websites. (some of my earlier posts are very short)

untitled - oil on linen - 2010 - 92 x 73cm

"Malvern #3"  2009  oil on panel  48" x 48"

"The Red Planet"  oil on canvas  50x60cm  2008


"Nonsense Chart no.1"



"Mercurial" 46" x 38" acrylic and ink on paper 2008

untitled



and last but not least the artist who got me thinkning about this

"Hastings"  mixed media on masonite  192" x 83"


No comments:

Post a Comment