When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Kelly Louise Judd

"Forest Sleep" Oil on panel  16" x 20"

"Lead Us, Lantern" 18" x 24" Oil on panel  2010

"Out Comes The Night"  12" x 24"  Oil on Panel

"Perched" Oil on panel  16" x 20"

"Weeping Woods" Ink and watercolor on paper  2010

Kelly Lousie Judd's work is part of a larger scene in the art/illustration world, that I do not yet know a name for. It exists alongside the pop-surrealist movement. But it is not pop. It parallels steam-punk's interest in 19th century aesthetics but without the industrial focus. It has it's roots in the work of the late Edward Gorey and culls it's influences from the like of Arthur Rackham and Kay Nielsen. Ms. Judd's work stands out for it's haunting moods and arresting visual concepts. She describes a world of ghosts and spirits, of dreams and tragedy and transformation. You can see more of her work at her website (www.swanbones.com) and on Flickr, or follow her blog.

1 comment:

  1. Très beau travail dans le dessin... je me garderais bien d'analyser le contenu... Certains me plaisent...
    Bises

    ReplyDelete