When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Marc johns

Yes, these are cartoons. Why not? These particular cartoons mine a rich vein of artistic material. I mean if you think about it, a lot of 20th century art is really funny.
Check his website/blog (www.marcjohns.com) and there's few more things at Artdoxa.com
























































































An explanation by the arist:
"A nod to Rene Magritte, Damien Hirst, and all of my art history professors.
I've always been interested in how art is analyzed by critics and historians, and wondered if the artist ever gave it as much thought as they did. I like to be helpful, so I thought I'd provide a clue for anyone analyzing this one."


















"Yeti costume"
included because I cannot resist any reference to Bigfoot or Yeti.

No comments:

Post a Comment