When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Adrian Ghenie

A Romanian artist obsessed with the darker side of the 20th century leavened by the absurdities of Dada and Marcel Duchamp apparently. At any rate the paintings are very dark indeed. And something as innocuous and silly as a pie in the face becomes a mask of horror. Good stuff. You can see more at these two gallery websites. Definitely click on these images to view larger!
www.nicodimgallery.com
www.andreianamihail.com


















"Pie Fight Study 2" 55x59cm 2008
oil on canvas


















"Dada is Dead" 42x52cm 2009
acrylic and collage on paper















"The Hit" 52x80cm 2007
oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment