When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Giorgio Maria Griffa

Most of his work is very traditional realism in watercolor. Good stuff too with a big nod to Andrew Wyeth. I'll post one of his darker ones below, but I especially enjoy these little illustrations with incorporated text.
There's gobs of paintings on his website
www.griffa.com











"Il Naufragio di Massimiliano d'Austria" 70 x104 cm

















"Sciara del Fuoco #2" 72 x 103cm
















"Dias & Albatros" 56 x 76 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment