When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Friday, December 26, 2008

Tim Lowly

The variety in this man's work is quite astonishing and not at all apparent from my modest selection here. These are just three pieces that particularly struck me out of many. But for all the variety (realism, surrealism, allegory and symbolism, painting, photography...) there's a consistency behind all of it that says a lot about the artist. Good things.
www.timlowly.com





















"Beloved" 2004



















"Listen" 1995














"Temma on Earth" 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment